Terms and Conditions for Participation in the FCA XVenture Mind Games Cup
The FCA XVenture Mind Games Cup (the “Tournament”) has been created by Australian Institute of Leadership Pty. Ltd. trading as XVenture (the “Organiser”) and is presented in partnership with Football Coaches Australia (the “Partner”).
In the Tournament, Teams of five (5) will participate in an online team-based virtual reality elimination style competition. The winning team will receive $5,000 Australian Dollars.
A person has previously purchased a Team Ticket on behalf of a team (the Purchaser) for the Tournament. You have been nominated by the Purchaser to be a member of their Team (the “Team”).
Participation as part of a Team in the Tournament is subject to the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”):
• Any information shared by the Organiser should not be forwarded on to any other parties; doing so may hinder access to the Tournament.
• Where a Team Member is under 18 years of age, their Parent/ Legal Guardian must agree to these Terms.
• Participation in the Tournament requires each Team Member to have access to a computer with the latest version of Google Chrome as the browser, a stable internet connection, a smartphone and valid email address.
• Team Members understand that The Tournament is hosted on a Third- Party Webinar site “the Venue” which has its own Terms and Conditions and Privacy Terms.
• The Organiser will share information with the Purchaser prior to the scheduled Tournament date and time to ensure Team Members have instructions to gain access to the Venue and the Tournament, and any additional requirements.
• Each Team will be required to have a nominated Team Captain (the Coach).
• During the Tournament, Team Captains will be responsible for using the official Scoring System (the “Scoring System) to submit answers on the Team’s behalf.
• The Organiser is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of computer, online (or wireless) systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, or technical problems resulting in the inability for participation.
• The Tournament includes a feature that allows audio, documents and other materials to be exchanged or viewed during the session. No part of the Tournament may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise.
• No part of the Tournament may be recorded.
• Unless explicitly permitted by the Organiser; the Purchaser and Team Members must not disclose, share or distribute any information or content provided by the Organiser once a team ticket has been purchased. This includes, but is not limited to: Welcome emails, instructions, website links, answers to questions from within the Venue and any follow up provided by the Organiser.
• The Organiser may use Purchaser and Team Member supplied details after the Tournament for marketing purposes from which they will be able to unsubscribe.
• Individual Team Members cannot be transferred/changed after Round 1
• Each Team will participate in at least one Round. Depending on final number of registrations and at the discretion of the Organiser, the full tournament may be a maximum of 4 rounds. Each round is an elimination round.
• Teams who are not at Kick-Off for their Round, may be disqualified.
• A person may only register to participate in one Team. A breach of this rule will result in all teams the person is registered to being disqualified.
• Each Team Member must agree to participating in a space where no one else can watch or listen to what is taking place on their computer/ laptop screen. ‘Screen share’ to Apple TV or other device used to circumvent this rule will constitute Cheating and result in Disqualification.
• Teams who make it to the final two rounds, must be prepared to access the Organiser’s pre- assigned online Video Conferencing channel (which includes each Team Member having a web-cam on at all times during participation).
• Each Round is up to 120 minutes (including access 30 minutes pre- kick off)
• The actual Match Time in the virtual world is 60 minutes followed by Post- Match Review
• The Organiser reserves the right to check all Team Member information even after a round has been completed to ensure that all Terms and Conditions have been adhered to.
Teams may be disqualified for any of the following reasons:
• ‘Ghost Team Members’ - additional Team Members in teams who are not registered. For example: Registered Team Members cannot have anyone assisting them or working with them.
• Any team who tries to manipulate or hack into the official scoring system ahead of, or during a session.
• Collusion: Any Team Member or team who is found to be sharing knowledge or information with other teams will result in both teams being disqualified.
• A team which has a team member who has registered to multiple teams. All associates teams will be disqualified.
Overview of the Tournament – the Rounds
The Tournament consists of a minimum of three elimination rounds. Where Round One is delivered over several dates, the top 10% performing teams across all of the Round One dates will progress to the Round Two. Where Teams achieve an equal number of points, they will be ranked based on the times recorded in the Scoring System.
As per the published dates.
Tuesday 15th December 2020 8:30pm – 10:30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time
Wednesday16th December 8:30pm – 10:30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time
Round 3 – The Final
This is to be announced with the date and time finalised in consultation with Teams who are in the Final
The Organiser will collect and store the information provided to enable processing of registration to the Tournament. You consent to these disclosures. The information will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected, including marketing purposes on conclusion of the Tournament, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions.